“Its a Quarantine Festivus, Charlie Brown”
“The Year without a Festivus”
Hares: Defender of Peedom & Fuk Stik
The spirit of Festivus is alive and well, and may be the only thing left, after this year that has sucked the life out of so many of us. But while we can’t gather in groups to receive our due pummelings, We (Fuk Stik and Defender) vow to do our best to knock the shit out of you while safely socially distancing.
You are encouraged to bring your own Feet of Strength, or choose one that we provide. Whatever, we don’t care, it’s your life. BUT… an award will be given out for the best FOS! And while its been a shitty year, you could opt to make it a little less shitty by collecting as much trash as you can carry (bring your own bags). THIS DOES COUNT AS A FEET OF STRENGTH, and the person who collects the most also receives an award.
Start posting your grievances now, either text or video, whatever, we don’t care and we won’t watch them. But if it makes you happy go for it.
Finally, if there is enough demand (which I’m sure there won’t be) we may even be able to convince Purple Princess to hold circle.
So don’t be a Meat Miser and sign up now for Festivus.
Sign up for a time slot here: https://forms.gle/Uh13scKTc2nDvgr99
Check what slots are already filled here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5OOp8rJoB-GgiMOD-i7O-Vlt6ApjfnKQOsoU_GYjvw/edit?usp=sharing
Note: We are generally recommending that people sign up with a buddy (or your Quaranteam pod) for safety purposes. If you want to participate but don’t have a friend, reach out to F. Stik, the Hares, or Pittsburgh MisMan and we’ll do our best to hook you up.
OVERARCHING DETAILS On Hashing with PGH H3 during the Q
Hashing has resumed in a socially distanced way, with trails designed to be safe enough to do on your own (or with a “Quaranteam” you feel safe with) and run locations only available to those who sign up.
Pittsburgh H3 Quarantine Guidelines:
· Hashers can choose to do trail solo or with a Quaranteam, but a trail buddy is recommended. Quaranteams should be a max of 8 people.
· Only folks who have signed up can add an additional hasher to their slot. Do not attempt to crash someone’s time slot.
· Hashers should obey the normal social distancing rules if they encounter other Hounds on trail: maintain a six foot distance and wear a mask if passing.
· For contact tracing and safety check-in, hashers are expected to check in when starting the trail and finishing the trail, posting on the Facebook event or letting the hare(s) know.
· Beer stops are BYOB.
· Hares will be monitoring who signs up and making sure people are signing in and out to track that everyone has completed the trail safely.
Full guidelines are posted here: https://www.pgh-h3.com/wp/pittsburgh-h3-quarantine-guidelines/
Note that these may change as the situation in the County and Commonwealth changes.