Hash #1964q – Nuts in May – A Walk in the Woods
Hares: BitchinHeat and Fuk Stik
Come join Fuk Stik and BitchinHeat for an afternoon or evening of romping around good trails and celebrating the longer days.
Note this trail will be on a Sunday and Monday, a nod to the Pittsburgh H3 tradition of moving to Monday hashes in May. Normally we’d be providing good beer to carry on the Beer Lovers tradition, but…COVID.
There’ll be dirt, shiggy, and muddy trails.
Let’s go Nuts in May!
Sign up for a time slot here: https://forms.gle/hC1ZYbpZAYCjVXNH9
A link with what slots are already filled will be available the week of the run. Until then, if a slot isn’t available on the sign-up sheet: it’s taken!
Pittsburgh’s Nuts in May tradition was established in 2016 as a nod to Ian Cumming, founder of the Singapore and New York hashes and a fixture at the Pittsburgh Campout Weekend from its inception until his passing. “Nuts in May” was originally a New York H3 tradition of celebrating the longer days with good trail runs.
Note: We are generally recommending that people sign up with a buddy (or your Quaranteam pod) for safety purposes. If you want to participate but don’t have a friend, reach out to F. Stik, the Hares, or Pittsburgh MisMan and we’ll do our best to hook you up.
OVERARCHING DETAILS On Hashing with PGH H3 during the Q
Hashing has resumed in a socially distanced way, with trails designed to be safe enough to do on your own (or with a “Quaranteam” you feel safe with) and run locations only available to those who sign up.
Pittsburgh H3 Quarantine Guidelines:
· If you feel sick, don’t come to the hash, even with a Quaranteam.
· If you’ve been in contact with someone who is COVID positive, don’t come to the hash until it’s clear you don’t have it: either through a negative test result or after 10-14 days of quarantining.
· Hashers can choose to do trail solo or with a Quaranteam, but a trail buddy is recommended. Quaranteams should be a max of 8 people.
· Only folks who have signed up can add an additional hasher to their slot. Do not attempt to crash someone’s time slot.
· Hashers should obey the normal social distancing rules if they encounter other Hounds on trail: maintain a six foot distance and wear a mask if passing.
· For contact tracing and safety check-in, hashers are expected to check in when starting the trail and finishing the trail, posting on the Facebook event or letting the hare(s) know.
· Beer stops are BYOB.
· Hares will be monitoring who signs up and making sure people are signing in and out to track that everyone has completed the trail safely.
Full guidelines are posted here: https://www.pgh-h3.com/wp/pittsburgh-h3-quarantine-guidelines/
Note that these may change as the situation in the County and Commonwealth changes.