Defender: A Brief History
10 Years ago, I discovered the Hash in a dark basement bar called the Quarry House Tavern in Silver Spring Maryland, while my friend (Clappy Birthday) and I drank rye whiskey and ate nearly raw burgers. One week later, that same friend and I became official and ran our first trail with Everyday is Wednesday H3 in Washington DC. It was a strange night to say the least, sure we ran trail and drank, but there was no circle (there was a stabbing), so we got falling down drunk at the Red Derby, fought each other outside and took the last train home. I was hooked. EWH3 was great but, 2 years later when I walked up to Bit o’ Honey’s house on a mid-summer evening my true love affair of hashing started. Pittsburgh H3 was a family! They took me in and welcomed me in way that no Hash in DC ever had. Sure, it was only because the new young hashers in Pittsburgh at the time were Donkey Ho Te and Purple Princess, but they welcomed me none the less. And as I sat on a front porch in Regent square singing with Folker and Moon I knew I was finally home.
So, to show my love of the Hash and Pittsburgh in particular, I will go through great efforts with my new friend BowFaP, to prove to all of you that I have learned absolutely nothing in 10 years. Here’s a list of things you should know.
• 1:00 PM! – Days are very short so we’re starting early. Also, ManGurglar and I have to get ready and leave to hunt the next day.
• ON-OUT Promptly at 1:30 PM. If you’re late you’ll never follow trail. I cannot emphasize this enough!
• Head Lamp – Like I said, the days are very short and it gets dark early.
• Bring a Dry Bag
• I highly recommend leaving dogs a home!
• And Babies!
• I expect gifts to celebrate my 10-year anniversary. Traditional: tin/aluminum Untraditional: diamond
• Come with low expectations and prepare to be disappointed.
• $5 hash cash. Trail beer, circle beer and food on the hares
Any questions or concerns, reach me (Defender) @ 724-953-1907.
Bitches, Gripes, or Complaints call BoWFaP @ 304-610-8948