Hash #1945q – A Celebratory Occasion
Join ABS for a frolic through downtown showcasing the spirit, lights, and holiday joy that Pittsburgh has to offer. Time slots start Friday night and go through Sunday!
This trail celebrates my birthday, which occurs this weekend. So, no tricks, honest. 2020 has been a difficult year for all of us…this trail isn’t meant to repeat that. So, come out and enjoy the lights and festive “dahntahn.”
Trail is 5 miles. Kid friendly. Dog friendly (if they don’t mind busy areas/streets).
Sign up for a time slot here: https://forms.gle/yXf3ShoTjXTKme5VA
Check what slots are already filled here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5OOp8rJoB-GgiMOD-i7O-Vlt6ApjfnKQOsoU_GYjvw/edit?usp=sharing
Issues? Call ABS: 267-229-3618
ABS side note (if anybody reads the write up): As a kid, I hated celebrating my birthday days before Christmas (read: “here’s one gift for birthday and xmas; share with your twin sister, too”). Buuutt, as an adult (which “technically” I am), I’ve come to enjoy the loving atmosphere that this time of year brings as a wonderful celebration of my birthday: lights warming the silhouettes of houses, the harmonious echo of carols and brassy music, the hustle bustle of smiling faces… and, now, my wonderful hash family trampsing among others, spreading the holiday cheer with their unique “costumes” and their own *unique* carols. I hope you enjoy the sights as much as I do. Happy holidays!
Also, time slots can start Friday night… time slots start at 5pm
Note: We are generally recommending that people sign up with a buddy (or your Quaranteam pod) for safety purposes. If you want to participate but don’t have a friend, reach out to F. Stik, the Hares, or Pittsburgh MisMan and we’ll do our best to hook you up.
OVERARCHING DETAILS On Hashing with PGH H3 during the Q
Hashing has resumed in a socially distanced way, with trails designed to be safe enough to do on your own (or with a “Quaranteam” you feel safe with) and run locations only available to those who sign up.
Pittsburgh H3 Quarantine Guidelines:
· Hashers can choose to do trail solo or with a Quaranteam, but a trail buddy is recommended. Quaranteams should be a max of 8 people.
· Only folks who have signed up can add an additional hasher to their slot. Do not attempt to crash someone’s time slot.
· Hashers should obey the normal social distancing rules if they encounter other Hounds on trail: maintain a six foot distance and wear a mask if passing.
· For contact tracing and safety check-in, hashers are expected to check in when starting the trail and finishing the trail, posting on the Facebook event or letting the hare(s) know.
· Beer stops are BYOB.
· Hares will be monitoring who signs up and making sure people are signing in and out to track that everyone has completed the trail safely.
Full guidelines are posted here: https://www.pgh-h3.com/wp/pittsburgh-h3-quarantine-guidelines/
Note that these may change as the situation in the County and Commonwealth changes.